FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – VOLCA SAMPLE & VOSYR SOFTWARE
This page is here to help with all questions regarding the Volca Sample (first generation) and the Vosyr Errors.
We all have been there: Seeing the much-feared “Err dcod” on the Korg Volca Sample is a headache, but solvable. So let’s dive in on how to get rid of this nasty Vosyr Error.
Korg Volca Sample Error Quick Fixes
Vosyr Error Code (Err dcod)
This checklist should help you to resolve this most often occurring Vosyr Error.
- Connect a mini stereo jack is to the “Sync-In”.
- Only connect the Power supply; remove all other cables
- Turn off all audio enhancement options in your operating system. This could be Surround options, EQ enhancements, or even FXs such as reverb. Some Laptops use “Dolby Audio” make sure this is disabled too.
- Mute all system sounds.
- Make sure no other program is producing any sound. Just run Vosyr only and have everything else closed. Also web browsers.
- Set your default Sound Device to 16bit and sample rate to 44.1khz
- Adjust the output volume of your Sound Device. Vary the setting. We suggest starting at around 50% and turn it up in regular steps. 85% is working well for us.
- Please make sure your main monitors/speakers are muted.
Once you have found the right volume, you might want to make a note of it for future reuse.
Volca Error Code (Err typE)
This is our favorite Volca Error Code since it is so easy to fix.
Make sure your Volca Sample has the latest firmware installed. Click HERE to download the newest firmware from the Korg website.
Volca Error Code (Err FuLL)
This indicates that the internal memory of your Volca Sample is full. You can delete samples using the Vosyr, or manually delete single samples.
How to manually delete specific samples
If you have installed firmware version 1.2 or higher, you can use the internal delete function. For more info, please refer to this guide.
- While holding down the MUTE button, turn on the Volca Sample.
- Use the SAMPLE selector to select a sample.
- Press the PART > button to mark the sample to be deleted. On the display, “dL” will appear right of the sample number. The sample is now on a list. Press the PART < button to remove the sample from the list.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have added all samples you want to delete to the list.
- Press the (REC) button to execute. This will delete all samples you have put on the list.
- The amount of space available in the sample memory after the delete operation is indicated by the LEDs above the step buttons.
- By holding down the PART > button and turning the SAMPLE selector, you can mark a succession of samples to be deleted
- To cancel the delete operation, press the (PLAY) button.
How to restore the factory sequences
Some of your sample packs include demo sequences. This is how to restore the default sequences.
- While holding down the FUNC and MEMORY buttons, turn on the power. This will cause the REC and PLAY buttons to flash.
- Press the REC button to restore the factory default sequences. Press the PLAY button to cancel the restore operation.
If you want a kit that is working 100% you can use our free Sample Pack for the Korg Volca Sample. Click HERE to download it.
How to transfer Korg Volca Sample Packs
We love Frederickson Labs Vosyr Software for creating to managing the Sounds and do the transfer to the Korg Volca Sample. You can download the newest version HERE.
ARE YOU STILL SEEING A VOSYR ERROR?
In case all these workarounds did not resolve the Vosyr Error you receive, try using an alternative soundcard. Maybe a friend has one to spare so that you can try to see if this causes the same Vosyr Error. Or pack your Volca Sample, a transfer cable, Vosyr software, and a Sample Pack on a USB stick and try the transfer at a completely different setup. At a friend’s place. Or work.
We read and chatted within various internet forums talking about laptop soundcard issues. In most cases, it was either an onboard FX software such as Dolby Fx that was enabled or the hardware itself was not in good condition, mostly the combo jack boxes were loose.
As mention above, trying a different sound interface could be a good alternative to check if you still get a Vosyr Error.
MOA8ITWEDDING SAMPLE PACKS
Download Link Not Recieved
Please make sure to check all the folders in your mailbox. Different providers handle and sort incoming mails differently, especially, if the address of the sender is new. The most common issue is our mails getting routed into Spam folders. Please also make sure to check your mailbox on a desktop device. In some settings, mobile apps update late or fail to pull the newest mails in certain folders.
If that does not work: Don´t worry! Send us a quick email, mark our email adress as “known sender” oder “trusted sender” and we will send you your download link as a reply.
Are your Sample Packs compatible with the Korg Volca Sample 2nd generation?
We offer three formats for the Volca Sample Series:
- VOSYR (Format for Volca Sample 1) Yes: you will need to convert the samples and create a project in Korgs free Librarian software.
- .WAV (All Samplers) Yes: you will need to create a project in Korgs free Librarian Software,
- .vlcspllib (Format for Volca Sample 2nd Generation) Yes. Load, transfer and go!
We have created a how-to tutorial to demonstrate the process of converting samples from vosyr and .wav versions.
You can find this easy-to-follow tutorial right HERE.
Currently, we provide you with three formats:
- Vosyr, this format is used to transfer the samples to the Korg Volca Sample exclusively.
- vlcspllib, this format is used for the Korg Volca Sample 2nd Generation with the use of Korgs free Librarian Sample Manger.
- WAV, this format is universal and will work on all hardware or software samplers that can handle 16 or 24bit .wav files such as Elektron Digitakt, Squarp Instruments Rample, 1010music blackbox, Korg Electribe Sampler, Akai, and Teenage Engineering. This is just to name a few.
All products from MOA8ITWEDDING are sold as ‘royalty-free,’ which means that they are licensed, not sold to you, by MOA8ITWEDDING. MOA8ITWEDDING is the owner of the products on sale. By making a payment for a product you are granted the right to incorporate them in music production, film, tv program, website, or other media production, without paying any additional royalties, license fees, or any other fees to MOA8ITWEDDING or any third parties. You can alter the sounds, combine them, and are not required to mention us as the source. In other words, no attribution required. We are very happy if you do though. You are never allowed to share, sell or redistribute our Samples and Sample Packs.
Usage and Copyright
Copying, re-selling, leasing, duplicating, or distribution in any form of the products for sale, other than outlined in the ‘License Agreement’, is strictly prohibited. This extends but is not limited, to file sharing websites, web forums, computer networks, and file hosting websites. Products cannot be distributed in their original format or sold in a manner that would be considered competitive with the nature of MOA8ITWEDDING’ business. Everything else included in this pack is licensed to MOA8ITWEDDING, including artwork, materials, audio demos, graphics, text, and logos and protected by copyright and intellectual property laws.
Questions not answered? Send us a message and we will try our best to get your jam going again.