VOSYR ERROR TROUBLESHOOTING CHEATSHEET
Are you getting a Vosyr Error when managing the Sounds on your Korg Volca Sample via Vosyr? This page is here to help!
We all have been there: Seeing the much feared “Err dcod” on the Korg Volca Sample is a headache, but solvable. So let´s dive in on how to get rid of this nasty Vosyr Error.
Korg Volca Sample Error Quick Fixes
This checklist should help you to resolve this most often occurring Vosyr Error.
- Connect a mini stereo jack is to the “Sync-In”.
- Only connect the Power supply; remove all other cables
- Turn off all audio enhancement options in your operating System. This could be Surround options, EQ enhancements or even FXs such as reverb. Some Laptops use “Dolby Audio” make sure this is disabled too.
- Mute all system sounds
- Make sure no other program is producing any sound. Just run Vosyr only and have everything else closed. Also web browsers.
- Set your default Sound Device to 16bit and sample rate to 44.1khz
- Adjust the output volume of your Sound Device. Vary the setting. We suggest starting at around 50% and turn it up in regular steps. 85% is working good for us.
- Please make sure your main monitors/speakers are muted.
Once you have found the right volume, you might want to make a note of it for future reuse.
This is our favorite Volca Error Code since it is so easy to fix.
Make sure your Volca Sample has the latest firmware installed. Click HERE to download the newest firmware from the Korg website.
This indicates that the internal memory of your Volca Sample is full. You can delete samples using the Vosyr, or manually delete single samples.
How to manually delete specific samples
If you have installed firmware version 1.2 or higher, you can use the internal delete function. For more info, please refer to this guide.
- While holding down the MUTE button, turn on the Volca sample.
- Use the SAMPLE selector to select a sample.
- Press the PART > button to mark the sample to be deleted. On the display, “dL” will appear right of the sample number. The sample is now on a list. Press the PART < button to remove the sample from the list.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you have added all samples you want to delete to the list.
- Press the (REC) button to execute. This will delete all samples you have put on the list.
- The amount of space available in the sample memory after the delete operation is indicated by the LEDs above the step buttons.
- By holding down the PART > button and turning the SAMPLE selector, you can mark a succession of samples to be deleted
- To cancel the delete operation, press the (PLAY) button.
Some of your sample packs include demo sequences. This is how to restore the default sequences.
- While holding down the FUNC and MEMORY buttons, turn on the power. This will cause the REC and PLAY buttons to flash.
- Press the REC button to restore the factory default sequences. Press the PLAY button to cancel the restore operation.
If you want a kit that is working 100% you can use our free Sample Pack for the Korg Volca Sample. Klick HERE to download it.
MOA8ITWEDDING SAMPLE PACKS
Sometimes this happens due to “Spam” filters in the various e-mail providers. Please check your “SPAM” folder and you will find the e-mail containing the Download link.
Currently we provide you with two formats:
Vosyr, this format is used to transfer the samples to the Korg Volca Sample exclusively.
.WAV, this format is universal and will work on all hardware or software samplers that can handel 16 or 24bit .wav files such as Elektron, 1010music blackbox, Korg Electribe Sampler, Akai and Teenage Engineering. This is just to name a few.
All products from MOA8ITWEDDING are sold as ‘royalty free,’ which means that they are licensed, not sold to you, by MOA8ITWEDDING. MOA8ITWEDDING is the owner of the products on sale. By making payment for a product you are granted the right to incorporate them in a music production, film, tv program, website or other media production, without paying any additional royalties, license fees, or any other fees to MOA8ITWEDDING or any third parties.
Copying, re-selling, leasing, duplicating or distribution in any form of the products for sale, other than outlined in the ‘License Agreement’, is strictly prohibited. This extends, but is not limited, to file sharing websites, web forums, computer networks and file hosting websites. Products cannot be distributed in their original format or sold in a manner that would be considered competitive with the nature of MOA8ITWEDDING’ business. Everything else including in this pack is licensed to MOA8ITWEDDING, including artwork, materials, audio demos, graphics, text and logos and protected by copyright and intellectual property laws.
Absolutely, we currently have two formats. VOSYR and .WAV and with either version you can do a transfer to the new Korg Volca Sample 2nd generation. We have created a how-to tutorial to demonstrate the easy process. You can find this easy to follow tutorial right here.
We love Frederickson Labs for creating the Vosyr Software to manage the Sounds on the Korg Volca Sample. You can download the newest version HERE.
ARE YOU STILL SEEING A VOSYR ERROR?
In case all these workarounds did not resolve the Vosyr Error you receive, try this:
Take your Volca Sample to a friend with a different soundcard and check if you still get a Vosyr Error.
One of ours actually only works with Manuel’s external Soundcard with a 1/4 inch output.